Friday, February 02, 2007

I have been busy building Cerian's new laptop. Apart from the standard build comprising basic device drivers and some security softwares I had to configure Sequel Server 2000 Personal edition for handling databases, SnagIt 8 for documentation, PC Anywhere for supporting remote clients, Net Support Manager, Visio2000, Citrix, Aqua data Studio for analysing databases to name a few. Installed SBase, our internal call management system which uses oracle application forms.
I had the job of setting up VPN accounts for some colleagues working in LSI Consultants, North America. I had to log on to the VPN concentrator and create accounts with username and passwords which could allow them to access our network resources.
Further I added their credentials onto to Domain Controlller (Active Directory) which would give them complete access to our network.

No comments: