Monday, October 02, 2006

On friday Alan asigned me a task to create a system for training and marketing purpose which would be placed in the reception and allow visitors to surf only our website. They would not be allowed to do anything else at all.
I began with finding it on the internet and came across many options of which one was very simple and straight forward and asked to edit the registry of internet explorer.
Now since I could not take the risk of changing the registry of my computer I had to build another PC and try on that.
Today PC was all ready and I tried to implement registery editing but unfortunately that did not work. I had to look at other options and came across this piece of software called Internet Kiosk Pro which costs a bit of money but was available for trial. Downloaded it and configured that but that did not seem to be working either.

No comments: