Friday, October 27, 2006



The developers had ordered memory upgrades to 2GB for D810 and D505 Dell Latitude laptops. I had to replace the present memory on laptops with the new ones. After going the instruction manual I made an attempt to change them. While replacing D810 I couldnt find the second PCI slot at the back of the machine though D505 had two slots at the back and I replaced the memories. On refering to the dell support site I found that second slot for D810 was under the keyboard so I had to remove the keyboard of the laptop to replace the second memory. After upgrading the memory I had to go into the system setup from PXE mode and confirmed that the memories were upgraded correctly.

Installed Windows Vista onto one of the machines and started testing its features. Used some of its features which did not seem to be working right.

No comments: