Friday, January 12, 2007

Yesterday after getting a static IP address for mkhqspap server I installed VNC on the machine and ran the server service so that anybody could log onto it remotely using VNC viewer. After that I was supposed to install Oracle 10g application server disks to its hard drive.
The SBASE server went wrong. It did not display on the screen. I logged a call with Dell technician and diagnosted it to be a motherboard fault.
Jo Rosser emailed that she could not edit an excel file in sales directory under mkfile. It prompted her for a password everytime and because Paul Joy had created it and set the password up she didn't know it and Paul had left the business. I found that excel was password protected and after going through microsoft technet it clearly said that there is no way to disable it if you don't remember the password. So I had to come out with away that Jo could actually be able to edit it.
I Logged on mkfile as an administrator which gave me full control. Now I created another excel document and copied all the contents from the excel document which Paul had created onto new one and gave it the same name and replaced it. Jo could now see the same file at same location and edit it.

No comments: