Monday, March 26, 2007

The backup server which I configured has been using a trial version of Symantec veritas backup exec 10d so I had to get it licensed.
I called the reseller and for a quote according to our requirement i.e. 1 x main backup software; 5 x remote agents; 1 x tape library software (autoloader).
Nigel Garett's outlook still has not been behaving itself and keeps on crashing. I had alook at it and due to irregular pattern for failure its actually difficult to diagnose the real route cause of it.
Meanwhile, I had to build a new demo machine for Stuart Love. He wanted this new demo laptop for future installations since he reckoned Demo2 was absolutely cluttered and would not be able to cope anymore further installations. Apart from standard server on his laptop he requires a demo tool kit called Business Objects which has very high prerequisites. I demands a web server and a database server for its complete functionality and is not very straight forward to install.
I have finished building the server on the laptop with all latest updates and anti virus console as of yet. Even installed Sequel server 2000 standard edition with SP 3a.

No comments: